Sunday, April 11, 2010

Well, it's been a while since I wrote so I decided it's definitely time. My new job at RehabAuthority is going amazing! Not only do I LOVE the job itself, but the people I work with are incredible. I love working with them all. They really believe in making work fun and making fun a priority at work. I am still figuring my "groove", but I don't think it will take too long before I have a good system that is working for me. Another exciting point: I will be getting to drive a company car soon and I am definitely looking forward to that. :)
School is going great. I only have 3 classes left after the two I am in now, and then I will have my associates. :) I'm supposed to take two classes at a time and if I do that, I will have my degree in September, but I think I am going to try and shoot to take them all the same time so I will have it in July.
Beyond that, I am on day 2 of no soda! It's not easy and my head hurts, but I drink probably close to 100oz of caffeine a day and I know it's not good for me so I am quitting cold turkey. :) We are also getting excited about the arrival of our two new nephews in May! Blase and Marissa will be bringing baby Matix into this wrld, and Stephanie and Mike will be blessed with beby Aiden. We went baby shopping this weekend and I couldn't believe Michael was ever so tiny and I'm excited that there will be another little baby around.
Michael is getting SO big! He said his first sentence last week (it was "Where'd mommy go?" to daddy as I was loading up the car before work. :) Since then, he's just taking off. He now tells us when he has gone potty (no matter where we are, lol), he tells us Uncle Daniel's chihuahua bites (he will look at her and say, "she bites"), and so much more. It's absolutely adorable! He even asks to go to the park or go play (that's what he says when he wants to go to the gym daycare to play with all the other kids). He's such a social butterfly and definitely a little energizer bunny, but he has the funniest little personality. His favorite TV shows are SuperWhy, Dinosaur Train, and Word World. At the beginning and end of Super Why, they sing and dance and he's right there with him. At the beginning of Dinosaur Train, there is a dinosaur that growls and he's sure to growl at the exact same moment every time. Lol. He likes to think he's a big boy too. He has decided he's too big to ride in shopping carts, he has to walk along side of you. And tonight, he even decided it was time to move from the booster seat to the chair alone at the dining table. We did a work out video tonight and he was doing it with us as well. He's just so silly and funny.
Mike is healing well. He has physical therapy 3 days a week for a total of 6 weeks, but they are working on building back up his muscles and range of motion so that he will be back to himself in no time. :) He was able to go back to work this last week too and that's been good for him as well.
Things are tight on money with the loss of my job and some disability payment issues we had, but overall, we're working through it and life is good. :)


Michael "Building a House" with Blocks

Michael Dancing to Super Why

Michael Learning to Drive an RC Car