Sunday, June 21, 2009

Life is Amazing....


Well a year has come and gone and it's been so busy in our lives. Michael celebrated his first birthday on June 6 at Wahooz. He was adorable! We chose that place so that the little one could play in their big play place, but Michael was too scared to go through alone, so he just walked around and talked to everyone and flirted with another mom. When it came time for cake, he had no idea what to do so he just fussed a bit and eventually put some frosting in my face. Lol. He is now walking all over, he has started mimicking everyone (he clacks his toungue, he can twist his toungue from side to side, he wa-wa's like an indian, and he puts both hands up like he's saying "I don't know" or out in front of him with his palms up to say "All gone"). He truly is such a blessing and an amazing little guy. He is learning so much and truly coming into his own funny little personality. It's scary how fast this year has gone and I can only imagine how much faster the rest of the years will go. I wish I could hit the slow button on life to enjoy each stage a little more. I could never have imagined feeling more love than anyone could describe or the joy that moves me to tears when he goes to kiss me and hug me. No one can prepare you for the tremendous amount of work that comes with being a parent, and no one can prepare you for the amount of love and joy that will fill your life from that moment forward.



A poem I found that fits so well....



My Son Grows Up

author: unknown

Life is fleeting, years rush past...

and little boys grow up so fast!

Let me take time out to be

thankful mine is still here with me.

And though I'm busy through the day,

let me take time out to play...

Let me take time out to smile,

to sit with him for just a while...

Let me take time out for walks,

for swings and sports and quiet talks,

for sharing giggles, tickles, and hugs,

for patching knees and catching bugs...

for running races, climbing trees,

for helping with his A - B - C's...

For hatching plots and planning schemes,

for listening to his thoughts and dreams.

Let me tuck him in at night,

hear his prayers, turn off the light.

And when my busy day is done,

let me thank God I have a son.